Today’s post was written by Bill Baer, senior product manager for the #SharePoint team. When we launched SharePoint Server 2016, we shared our vision that it would be a foundational release, born in the cloud and built for continuous innovation. Today, we’re pleased to announce our next step on this journey with the availability of Feature Pack 1. Through the November 2016 Public Update for SharePoint Server 2016, we’re delivering several new features based on customer feedback, extending support for hybrid scenarios and developer needs, including:
- Administrative actions logging for common SharePoint administrative actions.
- MinRole enhancements to support small and medium-sized farms.
- A OneDrive for Business modern experience.
- Custom tiles in the SharePoint app launcher.
- SharePoint hybrid auditing unified across site collections on-premises and in #Office 365.
- Hybrid taxonomy unified